1 – General Information
1. 2 .3 Soleil is a self-subsidised independent school for boys and girls from the age of 3 years old. The session times are
- from 10:00 to 11:30 (1.5 hours) for the pre-school section “Petite Ecole” and from 9:45 to 12:15 (2.5 hours) for the primary school “Grande Ecole”, on Saturdays, location Altwood Church of England School, Altwood Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 4PU.
- from 10.30am to 12pm (1.5 hour) for the pre-school section “Petite Ecole” and from 10.30am to 12.30pm (2 hours) for the primary school “Grande Ecole”, on Saturdays, location Amersham School, Stanley Hill, Amersham, Buckinghamshire HP7 9HH.
- from 10:15 to 12:15 (2 hours) for the pre-school section “Petite Ecole” and from 10:00 to 12:30 (2.5 hours) for the primary school “Grande Ecole”, on Saturdays, location Collingwood College, Kingston Rd, Camberley, Surrey GU15 4AE.
Snacks and drinks can be brought and taken during break times.
2 – Parents
The use of the terms parents for the purposes of these conditions means either or both the parents of the child or the legal guardians of the child as set out in the registration form.
3 – Our philosophy
Through educative and playful activities enable children:
- To extend their vocabulary and ability to express themselves in French. Develop confidence and literacy skills at an academic level.
- To develop a sense of belonging to a community for French bilingual children and enhance connection to the Francophone culture
- To create a meeting point for French speaking families in the area.
4 – Our Program
1.2.3 Soleil’s teaching team will use as its main teaching guidelines the Official curriculum devised by the French department of education (Ministère de l’Education Nationale) and English National curriculum.
As much as possible, a cultural theme is introduced at the beginning of each session using songs, story, mime, puppets etc…. and is carried out through activities, aiming to develop logic, observation, graphic, numeric, literacy, imagination, art & craft skills. A special emphasis is given to oral expression abilities.
5 – Admission
Parents seeking a place for their child are asked to complete the registration forms from the starter pack. Admission will follow the priority order set out below:
- The child has at least one Francophone parent or close relative.
- Non-Francophone children who can understand and speak French.
In both cases, it is necessary that the child understand French.
6 – Parental Involvement
When planning the sessions, the pre-school teaching team will try to take in consideration parent’s needs and ideas as parent’s contribution to the group is requested and valued. Each week a rota of parents willing to help with the running of the session for the transition class will be compiled.
7 – Health
Parents undertake to discuss with 1.2.3. Soleil if the child is affected by any infectious disease or other medical condition which might affect his/her health while at the School or the health of other children.
8 – Emergency treatment
It is a condition of the child’s attendance that the school has full authority to give consent (if the parent cannot be contacted in time) to the carrying out emergency medical treatments or procedures which are certified by a medical practitioner, to be necessary for the child’s safety.
9 – Complaints Procedure
A record book for parents’ complaints will be kept by the team leader and will always be at parents’ disposal.
10 – Behaviour
In the case that 1.2.3.Soleil determines the behaviour of the child is unacceptable, 1.2.3. Soleil shall be entitled to exclude the child from the session permanently or for such period as 1.2.3. Soleil determine.
11 – Insurance
1.2.3. Soleil will maintain any insurance cover as is required by the Department of Education. However, children’s personal possessions are not covered by the Pre-School insurance.
12- Special Needs
All children are welcome including those with special needs. Every effort will be assessed through observation, discussion with the parents and consultation with other agencies if appropriate.
13 – Fees
The cost for the Saturday session is fixed on a quarterly basis and communicated to the parents prior to the term beginning. Each term is to be paid fully in advance as indicated on the fees & payment slips form (Price per session: Petite Ecole £8 and Grande Ecole £10.50. There are between 9 and 13 sessions per term or about 33 sessions per year).
The annual membership to the Association 1.2.3. Soleil is fixed at £6.00 per school year and per child.
14 – Refund and cancellation
1.2.3. Soleil will not make any refund if a child is absent from lessons through illness or otherwise. Cancellation: Parents should give written notice of a cancellation at least half a term prior to the child leaving.
15 – Photograph
1.2.3. Soleil may wish to take photographs or images of children to share with the parents or to include into the school’s promotional material. 1.2.3. Soleil needs parents’ permission to do so. Please fill in the permission photograph form and return it with your registration form.
16 – Collecting children
Always inform the school staff if your child is to be collected by someone other than either of the parents.
17 – Final
These conditions form the agreement between the School 1.2.3. Soleil and the parents/guardians and should be read carefully. 1.2.3. Soleil reserves the right to make changes to these conditions and will notify the parents at the earliest opportunity.